How to git into existing folder ?
Steps to connect existing git repository to local folder:
- Create GIT repository on github, gitlab, bitbucket or any provider.
- Goto to your project files.
- Initialize the local directory as a Git repository.Initialize the local directory as a Git repository.1git init
- Add the files in your new local repository. This stages them for the first commit.Add the files in your new local repository. This stages them for the first commit.1git add .
- Commit the files that you’ve staged in your local repository.Commit the files that you've staged in your local repository.1git commit -m "Initial commit"
- Connect local folder to GIT url.git remote add origin remote repository URL1git remote add origin remote repository URL
- Once its connected, you can push your codegit push origin master1git push origin master